Dreaming About a Place North of Here

   


     I suppose it has been quite a while since my last post, but the reality is that I've simply lacked the inspiration to take the time and sit down to write.  Many things are to blame for this, most notably a difficult work schedule.  The way I wish I could live my life seems to have taken a back seat to the necessary way of life which involves a career and finances.  Hmmm...if only things were different!

     In spite of the inconveniences that besiege me, I can still dream.  Yes, I can still dream about those fast approaching days in which we will make a return trip to the North Georgia  mountains.  The days that are coming very soon...those days in which we will breathe a different kind of air, far removed from that which we breath here in the city!  I can dream of a different pace of life which is a bit more carefree to the concerns of the world, and much more focused on living life to the fullest.  There are happy places in these dreams of mine too...beautiful places!  Places such as Georgia State Parks, waterfalls, trains, horses, old courthouses, and great places to eat. Great scenery!  We've made great friends there too...friends that we look forward to seeing again and again.

     While I don't have much more to say except that I long for the days that will be here soon, an old Stephen Foster song about the Suwanee River recently reminded me that my mind often drifts off to a place way up yonder in the Georgia mountains!

     Such days as these, please come quickly.  Come quickly.

Comments

  1. I know exactly how you feel. You'll get back out on the trail and will write when some time opens up. In the meantime, it never hurts to dream....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried to sit down and write many times, but nothing seems natural. Yet, when we get away to the mountains, as we will do this week, I can't seem to express enough! I find so much inspiration there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts