What Not to Do While Camping.

Camping is an opportunity to escape the cares of life and commune with nature.  Finding a release from the burdens of a career and the general demands of day to day city life is refreshing and necessary.  Wouldn't you agree?  With that being said, there are still things that we do while camping that suggest  we still worry about the life that we are trying to leave behind, even if for only a few days.  Things like taking a computer and checking email, checking your phone frequently for missed calls, taking a television set to the campsite, etc....

I'm curious as to what you think.  Does this sound like you?  Where do you draw the line?  What are some things that you just refuse to do while camping?  Do you know of any other habits that people just can't seem to leave behind for a few days of camping?

Comments

  1. If ones goal is to "get away from it all", then keeping electronics around (aside from perhaps a charged cell phone in case of emergencies) is a great idea.

    I, personally, have never gone camping, or any vacationing, to "get away from it all". I go for adventure, and the electronics I use help me plan things.

    I learned long ago to keep "work" life separate from "personal" life... the two shall not mix. So this means I only bring my personal life with me when I go out on vacation, and I keep that pared down to the most important or fun bits, so I don't feel a need to get away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great insight, Dave! I agree that some electronics are very useful and beneficial for camping or vacationing. I probably use them in many of the same ways as you.

    While I too strive to keep my work life separate from my personal life, there are times when I seem to be the only one anyone else on the job can call (or at least that's how my co-workers feel). This leaves me feeling a bit guilty at times if I don't answer and I'm sure I'm not the only one that struggles with this. Perhaps this is what drives that feeling of wanting/needing to "get away from it all". Needless to say, when camping, I try not to use my computer at all, but I do have my phone for emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. talk too loudly, stay up all night, let your dog (s) stray, take your children (just kidding...maybe;), cook something smelly, shoot something (granted these are all things not to do with others near by), the list goes on and on, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. We love to take our dogs, but one of them goes crazy chasing butterflies. While doing so, he often barks uncontrollably. He has such a great time, it really breaks our heart that we can't take him more often because we don't want to annoy others in the campground.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts